For Immediate Release
Thursday, May 1
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
•Live Thoroughbred Racing: Nine live races scheduled. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. First race post time is 6:35 p.m. (CDT)$5 General Admission. Free General Parking.
• Brews and Beards: Join us for live music by Trio Grande (ZZ Top cover band) between the races, featuring craft beers and our search for the best beards in the Metroplex taking place on our Courtyard of Champions Stage from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
• Free Poker at Bar & Book: Join us at Bar & Book each Thursday night to play with the World Poker Tour Amateur Poker League! Two sessions will be available each Thursday, 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., and it is completely free to play. Compete for a $50 mutuel voucher each session, a $250 mutuel voucher monthly and more than $150,000 in cash and prizes awarded annually by the WPT Amateur Poker League! *No purchase necessary to play.
April Prize Tournament to be held tonight.
• Belmont Bonus Points:Join us on Thursday, May 1 for Opening Day at Belmont Park. Star Player Rewards members will receive Bonus Points for wagering on Belmont Park races!*
- Wager at least $25 and receive 5,000 Bonus Points (a $5 value)!
- Wager at least $50 and receive 10,000 Bonus Points (a $10 value)!
- Wager at least $100 and receive 20,000 Bonus Points (a $20 value)!
- Wager at least $500 and receive 50,000 Bonus Points (a $50 value)!
*Wagers must be placed on Belmont Park races to receive Bonus Points
Friday, May 2
• Live Thoroughbred Racing: Nine live races scheduled. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. First race post time is 6:35 p.m. (CDT)$5 General Admission before 8:00 p.m. and $20 thereafter. Free General Parking.
• Bar & Book Opens Early: Bar & Book opens today at 8:30 a.m.
• Advance Wagering: Advance wagering on all of Churchill Downs Saturday card available today. Approximate post time for the Kentucky Oaks is 4:49 p.m. (CDT).
• Turnpike Troubadours in Concert: Turnpike Troubadours will take the stage after the last live race, approximately 11:00 p.m. Admission is just $5 before 9 p.m. and $20 thereafter. Lone Star Music Series has an age policy for all concerts; you must be 18 years of age or older unless accompanied by a legal guardian 30 years old or older. For more information call 972-263-7223.
Saturday, May 3
• Live Thoroughbred Racing: 10 live races scheduled. Gates open early at 10:30 a.m. New this year is first race post time of 3:33 p.m. (CDT)$5 General Admission before 5:00 p.m. and $20 thereafter. Free General Parking.
• Kentucky Derby Day: Catch the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby, the first leg of the Triple Crown. In addition, enjoy live music with Moving Colors on our Courtyard of Champions Stage from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Don't miss the run for the roses, the greatest two minutes in sports! Approximate post time for the Kentucky Derby is 5:24 p.m. (CDT).
• Family Fun Day: The Family Fun Park opens today from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. There will be pony rides, a petting zoo and bounce houses. Fun for the whole family!
• Kentucky Derby Day Hat Contest: Wear your favorite Kentucky Derby hat to the races on Saturday, May 3. We will be awarding two $500 Grand Prizes in our Kentucky Derby Hat Contest for "The Most Stylish" and "The Most Creative" Derby Hats. Plus, three additional hats will receive an "Honorable Mention" prize. Contest will be after the simulcast of the Kentucky Derby this year at 6:00 p.m. Contestants must be age 18 or over and present in the Courtyard of Champions by 6:00 p.m. to be considered. All contestants will be individually paraded in front of the judging panel.
• PPV at Bar & Book, Mayweather vs. Maidana: Join us after the derby on Saturday, May 3 at Bar & Book when Floyd "Money" Mayweather takes on Marcos Maidana! Catch all the action at Bar & Book.*
*$20 food & beverage minimum per person required after 8 p.m. for Pay-Per-View events.
Timeline of activities for Kentucky Derby Day at Lone Star Park:
8:30 a.m.—Bar & Book Opens for Simulcast Wagering.
9:30 a.m.—First Simulcast Race from Churchill Downs.
10:30 a.m.—Grandstand Gates Open.
12:00 p.m.—Family Fun Park Opens with a petting zoo, bounce houses and pony rides.
3:33 p.m.—Post time for the first of 10 live races at Lone Star Park.
5:24 p.m.—140th running of the Kentucky Derby simulcast live from Churchill Downs.
6:00 p.m.—Kentucky Derby Hat Contestants must be in the Courtyard of Champions to be considered.
8:15 p.m.—Race #10 at Lone Star Park approximate post time.
Sunday, May 4
• Live Thoroughbred Racing: Nine live races scheduled. Gates open at 11:30 a.m. First race post time is 1:35 p.m. (CDT)
•Senior Citizens' Day: Seniors 62 years or older will receive one (1) FREE General Admission at our Admission Gates every Sunday during the 2013 Spring Thoroughbred Season. Just present your valid identification at the designated areas at our entrances to receive your coupon.
• Military Discount Day: Present your Military ID any Sunday during the 2013 Spring Thoroughbred Season and receive one (1) FREE General Admission at our Admission Gates. Just present your valid identification at the designated areas at our entrances to receive your coupon.
• Pepsi Can Offer: Bring any Pepsi Can out on any Sunday during the 2013 Spring Thoroughbred Season and receive a Pepsi track pack, good for one (1) FREE General Admission and one (1) FREE large Pepsi.*Valid for live racing only in the Grandstand.
• Jazz Brunch in Silks: Enjoy live Jazz music and an Omlette Brunch in the newly renovated Silks Dining Room every Sunday during the Spring Season. Omlette station includes an omelette of your choice, new potatoes and biscuits for $8.95.
For advance reservations call 972-263-7223.
Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie, a Class I racetrack operated by Texas Partners LSP and GG LSP. The track offers a 50-day 2014 Spring Thoroughbred Season, which opens Thursday, April 10 and concludes on Saturday, July 12. Live racing will be held three days a week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 6:35 p.m. (except Thursday, May 29 when there will be no live racing), and Sundays at 1:35 p.m. (beginning April 27 through June 15.) The racing program on Memorial Day, May 26, will start at 1:35 p.m. A Special twilight program will be held at 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 4 (Lone Stars & Stripes Fireworks Celebration). Special post times for three Triple Crown dates will begin at 3:33 p.m. on Saturday, May 3, May 17 and June 7 (Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes and Belmont Stakes.) For more information on Lone Star Park visit LoneStarPark.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Lone Star Park is also home to the multi-million dollar simulcast racebook, sports bar and event venue, Bar & Book. The 36,000 square foot venue is open to the public 363 days a year.
Global Gaming Solutions, LLC (GGS), is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chickasaw Nation with a primary business focus of pursuing entertainment, gaming and racing related opportunities in emerging jurisdictions in the United States and overseas as well as acquisition of regional gaming and entertainment assets. GGS LLC is the parent company of GG RP, which owns Remington Park in Oklahoma City, OK and GG LSP, which owns a significant stake in Lone Star Park. GG LSP is the track operator who owns the license to operate Lone Star Park and leases the property from the Grand Prairie Sports Facilities Development Corporation.
- 30 -